Parents and carers
There are a couple of things you need in order to get the most out of Charanga Music World:
- Adobe Flash. Many of the materials in Charanga Music World use Adobe Flash. This is a free plugin for your internet browser that enables interactive content. Many modern computers and browsers come with Flash pre-installed. If you do not already have Flash, please visit get.adobe.com/flash and follow the instructions there to install the plugin.
- Speakers or Headphones. Lots of the resources in Charanga Music World use sound – make sure your computer has speakers or headphones, and that the sound output is switched on and the volume is up.
- An Internet Connection. Make sure you’ve got a stable internet connection – Charanga Music World is entirely online, so if you find your computer regularly disconnects from the internet or has slow download speeds you could have difficulty viewing lessons on Charanga Music World.
Charanga Music World is an entirely self-contained system – children use the website individually, with no chat or social networking systems which can lead to online safety worries. Everything that your child sees and does in Charanga Music World has been developed by a team of experts with years of experience in producing educational resources. Only your child’s teacher has the ability to add material to their world, all of which has been produced professionally by leading educational experts.
As an additional layer of security we ask for a parent or carer’s email address. Whenever your child makes a change (e.g. changes their username or password) you will be notified via email of any activity, with an option to revert any changes if you wish.
When children sign up for the website they will be asked to pick a username that enables them to log in. It is recommended that your child picks a username that is unique and memorable to them but is not obvious (eg their first name and surname) to discourage others from attempting to access your child’s account. For instance, try naming the account after a favorite character and memorable date (eg Spongebob97).
It is important that the student keeps their password secret to prevent others from accessing their account.
Even in the unlikely event that the account is accessed by someone other than your child there is no danger of any sensitive information being stolen – no such information is stored with the account. The worst an intruder would be able to do is your child’s homework for them!↑ Back to the top of the page
When your child signs up to this site, we ask for some details in order to create their account. These details are stored securely and are never shared with any other parties. The following details are required during signup:
- Token. This is a code that is associated with a particular class, school or music service, and verifies that the holder of that token is entitled to access Charanga Music World.
- Username. This is the name that your child will use in order to log in to the site.
- Password. This is the password that is used to secure your child’s account.
- Parent’s Email Address. This is stored in order to send password reminders and verification messages whenever a change is made to your child’s details.
If you have any further questions about Charanga Music World please feel free to contact us at:
- Tel: 855-896-3344
- Email: email@example.com